Do you love to add cheese to anything and everything? And is brocolli your favourite kind of vegetable?! Then you must love your Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche. Made with fresh cheese and broccoli it is one of the most popular meat dishes on the planet and has a huge cultural significance.
But what about the health effects, of Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche? Why need a choice when you can enjoy the dish, if it is made with healthier ingredients? Finely grated cheddar cheese available in most local stores should be used in place of cheap and unrefined cheese to take advantage of all the health benefits it brings to the plate. We live in an extremely demanding society, taking away all of time in order to sustain yourself. In the midst of this rat race, our diet is the one which takes a hit.
We find ourselves skipping meals and resorting to unhealthy fast to curb our hunger, as there is no time for cooking or ensuring a healthy diet.As a result, we fail to gain the necessary amount of proteins and minerals suggested by doctors. In this situation replacing your favourite dish with some other food item can become a problem in itself. Hence do not worry and go ahead and order some for yourself!
How to make Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche?
- 1 homemade or store-bought single-crust pie dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups medium diced yellow onion (from 1 large onion)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets, steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar (4 ounces)
- heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly flour a rolling pin and work surface and roll out dough to a 12-inch round.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add onion, broccoli florets, and cheese and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Whisk to combine, pour into crust, and bake until centre of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You may ask is subway chicken caesar wrap good for you ?
Health benefits of the dish:
It can be considered as a calorie friend foods as most of the ingredients like chicken and cheese are packed with healthy nutrients, which will help our bodies function better! Because of the cheese fillings that cheesecontains, your body is supplied with impressive amounts of calcium. Everyone knows very well that calcium is a mineral so important for strengthening the bones. A diet that consists of calcium-rich foods is an effective way to get your risk of having osteoporosis one day reduced. Wheat flour which is one of the most important ingredients in making cheese also contains impressive amounts of dietary fiber. it helps in lowering your risk of constipation.
Broccoli ishealthy, packed with plant based compounds and a good amount of protein and fibre and there’s no waste! I also find that you can switch things up by utilizing the various parts of Broccoli like the leaves and the longs stocks to make your very own meal!Most vegetables like Broccoli are naturally low in fat and calories. None have cholesterol. Broccoli is rich in beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A. Many skin products contain vitamin A because of its ability to promote healthy skin. Broccoli also contains the anti-cancer phytochemical sulforaphane, which has antioxidant effects that protect skin cells.As well as vitamin A, Broccoli contains vitamin C. These two vitamins have anti-ageing effects that ward off inflammation.
Nutritional value of Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche:
If the question still remains why Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche, then you do have many other options, but none as tasty!With about 271 calories per 100grams, it is considered as a medium-calorie density food. high in carbs and medium in proteins and medium in fats it is not an ideal option to maintain a balance during a strict keto diet.
- Total calories: 230calories.
- Serving size: about 71g.
Amount per serving-
- Total fat:15g
- Total carbohydrate:16g.
- Protein: 8g.